Friday 29 January 2016

Going back in time!

I took quite a few photos last year and didn't manage to get around to posting them and so I'm going to do a few photo posts . . . well it might be more than a few. They're of things I enjoy doing mostly. I've sorted through and worked out the chronological order to make it easier to follow. Then I'll be able to move on with what is happening at the moment.

So first up is a walk we took around a small part of the Makara Coast in May 2015 - the 24th to be exact.

The board showing the walkway
Wind turbines on top of the hill

Boar, Brains and Locket climbed the hill . . .

I sauntered around the track, which can almost disappear under rock slides!

The gap . . . this is the finger-like point on the map.

I did scramble up here, but didn't go further round. I have done before though!

More rocks to scramble over

My trusty walking pole . . . helps to have it handy.

The top of the South Island in the distance!

Coming back this turbine looks as though it is growing out of the hill.

An old winch

Mana Island in the distance, with the peak of Kapiti Island a shadow behind it

An intriguing rock formation!

Makara village

A pile of seaweed - kelp maybe?

Source
 I could buy this book . . . bound to be in there. Better yet, check it out of the library!


On the way home I got Boar to slow down so I could take a photo of these grasses caught in the fence, the stream must have flooded!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing your thoughts on my posts. Thank you for commenting :)