Thursday 13 June 2013

3 weeks have gone by

Thursday 13 June 2013

It's hard to believe the time has gone by so quickly!
One day I'll manage to blog a bit more regularly :)

So I'll do a quick summary of the happenings around here.

Sunday 26 May was Smurfette's 25th birthday!
Happy Birthday beautiful girl...we all love you very much

We had a family party, joint for Smurfette and Brains, as their birthdays are only a week apart...the roll call included all 14 of us so it was a lovely time.
The usual teasing, chatter & laughter. They even sang quite tunefully for once.

Hard to believe Little Sunshine and Halfpint have grown so quickly. Usually they look wee...but with our new wee Globug here too...they looked positively huge!

All three are just gorgeous :) I'm a blessed Grandma to have three beautiful little ones.
Although they do amuse me as Little Sunshine and Halfpint both look at me when they are together and I'm holding one as if the other is thinking..."Why are you holding that baby?"
They're too wee yet to realise they are related and both my grandbabies and each very much loved!

Speaking of babies...reminds me of some nappies that my Dad, Mr P, found while sorting things up.
Disposable nappies. . . I think from the late 80's or early 90's

Here they are in all their glory!!
They sure have changed and are so much better nowadays!


The packaging


Don't you just love the plastic cover!


Elasticated leg openings were the latest thing!

They were pretty state-of-the-art for their time.
Funnily enough none of the current user's of disposible nappies were at all interested in using them!!

I think they'll be heading for the bin.

That's it for now as I'm heading off to help Mr P sort out some more things from his cupboards.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing your thoughts on my posts. Thank you for commenting :)