Sunday 7 February 2016

A New Year beckons!

31 December 2015

One of my best friends from college (high school) days came to visit on New Years Eve day. A was over to see her parents and siblings for Christmas and came to see me. She always tries to get here when she comes to NZ. I'm hoping to one day have the funds to visit her where she lives in Australia now.




A came bearing this lovely basket of fruit for us and also some pastries and cakes - I didn't think to take a photo of them before they were all eaten! They were yummy though  :)

As usual A and I chattered away catching up on what has been happening in our lives. After dinner in the evening A left to go into Wellington City as her mum had gone in to watch the New Years Eve fireworks.

Brains and Locket had also gone into the city with friends. From what I heard they had a great time :) That left the rest of us at home and I was so tired that I had to go to bed! It's the first time for many a year I haven't stayed up to watch the New Year in. Boar usually looks on askance as I go outside and bang merrily on a saucepan!! Well, he didn't have to worry this year - he was asleep too!


Source

Since this post marks a change of year I thought I'd wish everyone a Happy New Year all over again!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing your thoughts on my posts. Thank you for commenting :)