Sunday 7 February 2016

From the Garden

November

In our front yard we have a succulent in a pot. At least I think it is a succulent! If you are a gardening person and know and I'm wrong - please correct me! It flowers for only a few days. I managed to remember to get a couple of photos.

9 November 2015

2 days later - 11 November
 It's pretty and makes a vivid splash of colour when it flowers. I think someone was throwing it out and Boar brought it home and put it in a pot!

We also have a lovely rambling rose. At least I'm pretty sure it is a rambler - it just goes where it likes!  Boar knows that I like it and so when they start to come out he usually brings me in some of the first ones. Sweet man  :)

22 November 2015

I think this bottle came from my parent's house when we were clearing it out. It was in one of the kitchen cupboards. It would have had a rubber teat, long gone by now. It has written on it "Agee Pyrex Feeder" and measurements in ounces on the side.


A number of years ago I splashed out on a copy of Botanica and over the years it has stood me in good stead when I want to find out the name of a plant or information about it.


I'm pretty sure the rose I have is Alberic Barbier from the picture and description of it. Once again I'm happy to be corrected if I'm wrong.

Here is the picture from the book:


Also there is a description:-


It has got a bit wild over the years and there are bits coming up in places I don't want them to. So I need to do a bit of pruning. Apart form that it is a lovely rose, one of the ones that has been here the whole time we have, has had no real care, and yet keeps growing!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing your thoughts on my posts. Thank you for commenting :)