Friday 6 December 2019

6 December 2019

The years seem to just whizz by these days! This year has been busy with family happenings and life in general. I did get up into the garden sometimes but not as regularly as I would have liked.

I'm typing this post on my tablet as Boar has the computer, well, he's dozing but I can guarantee if I try to move it he'll wake up! I'm going to post a couple of photos I took this evening and then try and write some posts with photos from throughout out the year in a few days. Most of my photos are on my computer so if I can get them into a new post I can do the writing on my tablet later.


I've been aware that the arum maculatum will be starting to form their seeds, and they have. Tonight I had some unexpected free time and so I decided to go have a look up the back. Yes, there they were, lots of seed heads formed. Thankfully green so a way off dropping the seed. Where I'd pulled them out earlier in the year was free of them which was great. Each of the beige papery looking spikes is a spathe that has withered after the seed head forms. I decided the quickest method to get rid of them would be to chop them off.


Boar came home partway through and helped too so double the amount got done. The tub is nearly full of seed heads and there are still lots left. I'll try to get rid of more as I figure the more I chop or break off the fewer plants next year. 


This photo is just to show how tenacious this rose is. We chopped it back hard and it's put out lots of shoots and given a lovely display.

I think Boar has plans for the old fence palings. We shall see.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing your thoughts on my posts. Thank you for commenting :)