Thursday 28 March 2013

A full day

Tuesday 26 March

I got up a little later today..round 7ish. I did the business admin I needed to which is mainly checking the bank balances and invoices.

I put on a load of washing and got it hung out. It was lovely hearing a tui sing while I was hanging out the washing. You can see a picture of one here and hear their song here. I put on another load and then noticed it had gone darker...looked out the window and there were dark grey clouds rolling in from the south. I dedcided not to put the sheets out as we had to go out soon and it looked like rain. 

I got J.L and Miss L organised as we had to go down to an appointment with the asthma nurse at the local medical centre. J.L developed asthma almost a couple of years ago and recently had an asthma attack needing to go to after hours in the middle of the night. Miss L only developed it last year. J.L was due for a yearly check with the asthma nurse and I asked if she could review Miss L as well. Main because at after hours we were handed an inhaler and that was about it.

J.L. is on a preventer, Flixotide, as well as Ventolin when he needs it..mainly before sports..i.e. dance and running. Miss L only needs ventolin before dance or other sporty type things as hers seems to be mainly exercise induced asthma, although we were warned it may flare up if she gets a virus. Hmmm it may well behoove me to keep a note book for each of them so I don't confuse who has flare ups when! They're both using their inhalers and spacers correctly, J.L's peak flow was good...but Miss L needs to practise as she doesn't quite have the technique right! They were both given prescriptions which we dropped off at the pharmacy next door to the med centre and will pick up tomorrow. I also had to quickly summarise home-education for the nurse that was sitting in on the consultation. It's not easy to do as there is so much I could say!

After that it was off to do a few things on the list. We went through the drive through as it was 12noon...Fries as they are GF and frozen cokes for J.L and Miss L. I just had some fries as my tummy was complaining...I'd forgotten to eat any brekky!

Our first stop was to Savemart a large secondhand shop in Waitangirua, Porirua. J.L. needed some things for his costume for Easter Camp. We found a cool as colourful jacket. I also found a Line 7 jacket for $24 and later got a waterproofing spray to re-coat it from Pack n Pedal in Porirua Megacentre.

Then it was on to Pete's Emporium...which stocks all sorts of things. I found a piece of fabric to make some baggy pants...which saved a trip to Spotlight! Also we purchased a nose & bow tie. I got some webbing to replace the strap of my bag which S's puppy chewed some time ago! Miss L was delighted to find some clay tools to use with her DDA work.

Then it was on to The Warehouse as J.L needed shoes, thermals and a couple of tee-shirts for camp. We managed to find everything we needed then it was home again.

Miss L did her DDA work and then not long after it was time to head out to the dance studio. Both Miss L and J.L. have classes on a Tuesday. Miss L usually goes to Hip Hop after her ballet class but her neck was feeling pretty tender so we came home. DH picks J.L. up later after his class.

I dedcided to go up the back and see how J.L's science experiment was doing...pretty amazing, after 14 days it was well eaten out. I took some photos but they're a bit gross so I won't put them up here :)

The chickens were looking for food as they always are so I got them some pellets. DH had commented there was a tomato that had self-seeded. It's doing quite well. 



It looks as though it is a cherry tomato, hopefully it will grow a few tomatoes though it's pretty late in the season. This is the only way we can grow tomatoes, in the greenhouse, as otherwise they get blown over by the strong winds.

After some dinner I went to pick up my brother, M, who has come down from Auckland for around 10 days. My dad, Mr P, doesn't like to drive in the dark so much anymore. I had a cuppa and a chat when I dropped M off and got home around 9.30pm


When I got home I took this photo of the moon. I don't have the best camera for this kind of shot but it was so clear and gorgeous!




Then it was time to get Miss L settled to bed and not long after J.L. I managed to finish reading the handbook about Miss L's DDA work before I snuggled down to sleep.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing your thoughts on my posts. Thank you for commenting :)