Thursday 2 January 2014

2014. . .A new year begins

Achievement

 First off. . HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Memory is a funny thing.
I did that very long post and knew I would forget some things!
One is that Butcher has permanent full-time work :)
I can't remember if I already posted that, but I don't think so.
He was taken on at a sawmill for a month.
This was extended for a month, then another.
Then he was offered a permanent position.
YIPEE!
Butcher was very pleased, as was Chuckles. 
This means they will begin to move forwards.
As baby #2 is expected next May it is also great that they can save a bit.
Butcher has been working hard and doing overtime.
A bit of extra cash never hurts.
I also gave Chuckles some info from the CAP course I did earlier in the year.
It is a budgeting tool.
Chuckles was pleased and has already looked through it.

Another thing was that Smurfette was awarded a certificate.

Smurfette has been volunteering for Riding for the Disabled for about 10 years now.
She has qualified as an Instructor.
This year she was also made "Most Outstanding Volunteer" for the second time!
Smurfette also has full-time work again, starting in a week or so.
She will be working at Box Hill Kids
She is really looking forward to it.
xox Well done, Smurfette! xox

As for me I'm going to close with what I posted on my Facebook page 31/12/2013

"THANKFULNESS! That is what is on my mind this morning. Thankful for - family, friends, the many blessings in my life. Most of all for my God who strengthens and cares for me, is always there, holds me in His arms and lets me rest when I most need it, guides me, protects me, has plans for me & my future.

This year has, as usual, seen many blessings but also some challenges and curve balls come my (our) way. Through it all God is constant, an unchanging God in the midst of trial and turmoil. As this year changes to 2014 I know He will continue to be my rock throughout the coming year."

Time for some sleep, if a wee person doesn't wake me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing your thoughts on my posts. Thank you for commenting :)