Tuesday 7 January 2014

Changes

Tuesday 7 January

It's been a busy few days. . .only 5 but in some ways it feels longer.
I can remember some of the things that have happened, but not all.
Which would only bore someone reading this to tears, so just as well I can't :)
I have taken some photos though so will pop some on.
During the day things sometimes come to mind and I click the camera.

The two wee boys Mr Magoo and Halfpint kept me busy.
New Years Eve I lit a candle.
Partly because I wanted to.
Partly in memory of family and friends, as the year turns over.
I set it on the fireplace and took a couple of shots.


It is the candle and holder that Brains & Locket gave me for Christmas.
 The next photo I used the night setting to show the pretty holder off better.



I managed to get a whole heap of sheets out one sunny day.
Our washing line is close to the house. Being spring the grass had. . .sprung!
Grown heaps and Absent-Minded Prof had the weedeater.
Then we got it back and it woouldn't go.


So the very long grass isn't great when sheets are out, because when the breeze blows. . .


. . .the sheets and grass meet!
I asked to borrow Jester's weedeater so thankfully the grass around the line is short again :)

Brains' friend T stayed one night. He'd had something else arranged.
However the person was sick so he came here instead.

He came with these lollies.


 I'd not seen them packaged like this before.
A few days later Locket got a packet from the local supermarket.
These I have seen before and they're quite yummy!
Also states on the packet they are Gluten Free.
Always important in this household.

One night recently I found it difficult to sleep.
Often I just don't worry about it too much.
However being conscious that I was having two wee ones to stay I decided to use some lavender oil.
It has a relaxing effect, and can help with insomnia.
I dab a spot of Lavender oil on the bony bit behind each ear.
It generally helps.
It worked this time :)


 I got this bottle from the local Healthy10-20 shop in Johnsonville.
I found some interesting info here. I'm sure there is a lot more out there.
Got to support the NZ market though!

Jester & Frosty's dogs are living here.
Milo likes to bark at ANYTHING!
Lucy does bark, but best of all she loves "throw the stick"
Except in her case the stick can be a log!


Here she is with one that Boar throws for her. Hopefully it will last a while!
It's a fairly solid bit of wood.
Soft wood just gets chewed up like this!



Guess who gets to sweep up? Yup, me!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing your thoughts on my posts. Thank you for commenting :)