Monday 2 June 2014

Tuesday 29 April

Got up around 7.30am. Lots to do. I had some breakfast and then headed upstairs. Basically I was sewing all day. Thought I was doing well till I discovered I'd made a mistake! Unpick and fix up the mistake. Chiffon and lining are not easy to work with!
Pa was picked up for his prayer group meeting.
I took a break around 2.30pm to eat and have a coffee. Here is a picture of Locket's completed jewellery stand.
Checked emails and discovered that the order from SCEE had been picked up. . .today! It was at Brisbane.
I carried on working. I was aiming for 5pm, but that wasn't going to happen. Picked up Pa and then attached the skirt to the bodice.
Had text Moneypenny as Amira's phone had no credit. No rush Moneypenny said. I finally got away soon after 6pm. The dress was done, I just needed to sew on the plastic press studs and buttons.
There was a lot of activity at Dimock St as Amira was finishing packing. The dress fitted well. . . Amira pronounced it perfect. Got the buttons atttached. Then Amira was turning it right side out and part of the lining had split!! Ooops! In future I will use four threads to stitch linings together. Gives that extra line of stitching.
Got home around 9pm. Boar, Brains and Locket were watching Britain's Got Talent so got my dinner and watched it too. A 79yr old lady Ballroom dancer. . .incredible! Her partner was throwing her round like anything. The audience and judges thought it was going to be boring and it started off that way. Simon Cowell even buzzed her! But then. . .the music picked up and Wow! I won't be doing that but would like to still be pretty active at 80!
Finished off the day by reading for a while.. I'm reading North To Amaroqvik, that way I'll know if Locket needs a hand with it.
Still feeling pretty tired so settled down around midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing your thoughts on my posts. Thank you for commenting :)