Sunday 3 August 2014

Family fun

Saturday 2 August

I heard Mr Magoo make a noise around midnight. Then it went all quiet again and he didn't make "Get me up now!" noises till 6.45am. And let's face it anything after 6am is decent! So I pottered out to the kitchen to warm him some milk and turn on the kettle before I got him out of bed. He wasn't too interested in a bottle, but definitely needed a dry nappy!

Then it was all on. . . he's a very busy wee man as they are at that age. Toast for breakfast, then I got him dressed.

Sherlock is going to be staying with us for a week. I went to pick him up from the train station while Boar stayed to watch Mr Magoo. On the way home we called into the Post Shop to pay for the van registration then picked up a few things from the supermarket. While we were there Chuckles text to say they were around 10mins away.

So the house was a bit fuller for a couple of hours. 2yr old Halfpint, 1yr old Mr Magoo and 3 1/2 month old Lil Battler, plus the rest of us. Mr Magoo tried to give Halfpint a hug, who hugged back, then they both toppled over! Neither were hurt but the looks on their faces were priceless!

The grandbabies all have such different characters and natures. It's so interesting to watch them grow. Had lovely cuddles with Lil Battler who is giving such gorgeous smiles and starting to "talk."

Chuckles, Butcher and the boys headed off to go across the city to help celebrate Chuckles' brother's birthday. They said they'd drop by on their way home tomorrow.

Mr Magoo was still going strong but by 11.30am he was getting a bit cranky so I gave him some lunch before putting him in the cot for a nap. He was asleep within minutes.

Pa had been working on his computer in his room, Boar was down in the garage. . .working on a bike probably. Brains and Sherlock were busy playing a new game on Sherlock's computer. Locket was busy upstairs sorting her room. She had decided to de-junk, sort and move the furniture around. I decided to have a bit of lunch so made myself a toasted sandwich, a cup of coffee and headed to my room for a rest on my bed! Not for long though.

The weather was very windy and so around 1.30pm I took Pa to the rest home, for his daily visit to Ma, via a cash machine as he wanted to get some money out. Boar came as well so that we could get a few things from the supermarket. I left instructions as to what to do if Mr Magoo woke up.

We didn't take long and when we got back Mr Magoo had awoken. I'd been sorting through my notes for this blog before we left and so abandoned all attempt to do anything now he was awake. He is at the age, and will be for a while, when they need constant watching, or an ear listening if they go out of sight!

The rest of the afternoon passed fairly quickly. Locket was busy taking books off a bookcase, lots of children's books I need to sort through. At one point she was using the feather duster. Mr Magoo decided he would help!


Just out of the shot is a packet of chippies. . .which are what he has gone to the table for!

Shortly before 5pm Frosty arrived to pick her wee man up and take him home. Time to relax! My body was a bit tired and achey from the wood stacking on Friday, and with little ones around who need constant vigilance. . .just let's say I'm not as young as I was! Not as much stamina. I love having my grandbabies over and remember what it was like when mine were little, but didn't realise then quite how much energy was needed. . . most likely because I was younger!

We had a simple meal of fresh fish, battered and deep fried, sausages and chips. Boar makes a very nice Gluten Free Batter. We'd been given the fish the day before by Boar's boss, who caught it when he was out fishing. 

I headed for bed soon after dinner, not to sleep but to rest :) Sleep was a few hours away.

We've had several visits from the grandbabies recently so I'm putting up a few more photos.


Little Sunshine, 2yrs 5months, busy drawing.


Halfpint, 2yrs 4months, using firewood as stacking blocks. He was about to put this lot back in the wood box. Looks as though he had been drawing before playing with the blocks.


Poppet, 8 1/2 months, cute as a button. She is commando crawling all over, has a very laid back nature most of the time. 

That's four of the five grandbabies. I'll try and get a shot of Lil Battler to add to the gallery :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing your thoughts on my posts. Thank you for commenting :)