Friday 16 January 2015

A bit of planting done.

The next day, Sunday, we got a bit more done in the afternoon.


Boar got the steps all cleared and a lot of the back area cleared on Saturday. The steps look lovely and clear now. Much easier to get up. When the children were little we had a gate between the two walls at the level of the second step. It meant they could play in the front yard and side path but I didn't need to worry about them going up the steps and falling down when they were too small to manage by themselves.


We got the greenhouse cleared and the tomato plants in the ground. These are the Money Makers, full sized tomatoes.


A close-up of one. I hope they grow well.


The cherry tomato, and the bucket at the back of the photo holds . . .


 . . . an onion! I need to do a bit of research on them to find out when to harvest etc.


Boar also cleared the ground at the top of the first step. The chooks manage to get all sorts of stuff there and it builds up over time.


A view of the pergola. The areas beside the steps need a fair amount of work too.


The Sycamore tree just coming into leaf. We may have to cut it down as it is getting pretty big. It grew from a seedling. It was planted over Fleabags, the sheep we had that came as a chattel when we bought the house!


We'd been pretty busy and got thirsty. So I went in to make us a cuppa. On our property this is the easiest way I have found to get the cup of tea/coffee up the back without a fair bit of it spilling on the way up. Whatever is needed in the cups, and the boiling water in the flask. If it's just me I'll take enough for a couple of drinks  :)


Boar was busy clearing the patio area. All the bushes around this area need clearing up too. I think I need to come up here each hour from around 7:00 am to take a photo of where the sun is so I can work out the best plants for here. It gets a fair amount of shade. Especially in winter.

Soon after this we headed off as we wanted to return the weed-eater to Jester. He sometimes works for his mate and needs his tools for the work.


Mr Magoo was there to greet us  :)


The beautiful Kapiti Island in the distance is a nature reserve. We went on a trip here when Locket was around 9 months old! I carried her in the backpack to the top of the hill. I'd love to do another trip here one day. Think I need to be a fair bit fitter though.  :-?

Pa came with us on the visit as he had not seen where Jester, Frosty and Mr Magoo live. We had a lovely time before heading home for some tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing your thoughts on my posts. Thank you for commenting :)