Thursday 29 May 2014

Thursday 24 April

Up about 7.30. . .still on holiday time! Woke Brains & Locket up by 8.15am. Locket got up and started getting ready. She was heading into Wellington City with Estelle and Nikki.
Brains was not up so quickly. Finally got out of bed apout 9.10am. Isaak, Nicholas and Pete arrived around 9.15am.  As Pete walked in I could see something white, looked as though it shouldn't be there. Then I realised. . .his pants had split!! He hadn't realised and the boys hadn't seen. I said I could do a quick repair job, so gave him a sheet to wrap around himself while I did it. He was most relieved I was able to stitch them up :)
Pete tried to help Pa with sorting out his email account.Vodafone disconnected it when they weren't supposed to and were saying they couldn't reinstate it!
We left at 9.35am for Brains' Pump practice for Chicago. 



Dropped him off then went to find a park at Oriental Parade  Saw the tugs piloting a ship out. I always find it fascinating to see the power of the two small tugs moving the large ship. Took a series of shots to record it.








Finally under it's own steam. 

Got some work done. The hour went past quickly. Back to pick up Brains. Home again.
Isaak and Nicholas each had 1 hr internet time. Then games, Risk, reading, as well as feeding themselves :)
I sorted my cutting table ready for work. Need a good sort up! 

Went to get Locket from Johnsonville Station just after 4pm. We then went to pick Pa up from Johnsonvale (Jvale). There were a couple of fire engines, sirens going, tearing out of the Fire Station. They went past Keith Spry Pool. I could see I wouldn't be able to get into Earp Street that way. Hoped it was nothing to do with Jvale. Went around to the top end of Earp Street. It was closed off! A Policeman standing in the road! Jvale in lockdown! Called Pa and it was some kind of spillage he thought. We went back home to wait till Pa sent a text to say he was free to leave.
Pete arrived to take boys home. D arrived with Pa's computer. Pa text around 6pm to say he was free to leave. Apparently someone filling containers had added something that they shouldn't have. The two substances reacted and were swelling and there was danger of an explosion! Thank goodness there was none!
We had dinner, then some time after I had a call from Chuckles, around 8.40pm . .she had accidentally poured boiling water on her hand. I agreed she needed to get it checked. Which meant a trip to Masterton Hospital.
Had a quick look for my pattern cutting book. Found it :) Checked emails and one of the books I need for Locket was on Harvest so requested it. North To Amaroqvik

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing your thoughts on my posts. Thank you for commenting :)